With warmer weather on the way, ticks and mosquitoes are starting to come out again. Take a look at these useful tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help protect yourself and your pets from mosquito and tick bites:
- Avoid areas that may have a high level of ticks such as brushy areas or areas with long grass
- Use a repellent with DEET or Permethrin
- Make sure to check yourself, pets and small children after spending time outdoors
- Dress in long sleeve and pants when possible
- Dawn and Dusk are Mosquitoes most active periods
- Drain water from any containers that may be sitting around your yard or house
If you do find a tick on you remove it right away. For information on how to properly remove a tick click HERE.
To get more information on ticks in general, and tickborne illnesses visit the CDC’s Ticks page.